Monday, May 11, 2009

Quality, Not Quantity

Today was the second performance of my work in London. Richie (who we traveled to Alsace with last week) and Emily (a soprano I met through the Ionian Singers) performed my Three Miniature Songs. They did a spectacular job — I'll get the recording up as soon as I can. Ideally, I'll get the new website up as soon as I can!

I know what you're thinking. I've lived here for almost nine months, but only two performances? Turns out that performances in London are hard to come by, but when they do come around, they are of impeccable quality: my concert in the National Portrait Gallery in November was also one of the best performances I've ever had. And while two in nine months sounds low at first, that's only in London; in the US, I've had two more performances during that time (in Chicago and Mississippi). And looking forward, Taylor will be performing Postcard at ASU at the end of the month, and I'll be conducting Thanatopsis here in London at the beginning of June.

Huzzah for talented people playing my music!

No comments: