Thursday, February 19, 2009

This Week I: A Visitor

Teriann's cousin Levi came through London this week (he's studying abroad in Italy this semester), and stayed with us for a few days. I had only met him once before, and that was for about five minutes about five years ago. He's a really great guy and even though he was here on weekdays (I was mostly in school, Teriann mostly at work), we got to hang out a bit.

With a visitor in town, Teriann and I found ourselves doing stuff in London we were surprised we hadn't yet: like playing darts at Mill Hill, the local pub (I was handily beaten), and going to the Churchill museum and the Cabinet War Rooms (where, I ask you, could one find a more colorful, quotable character than Churchill?). And Levi's wandering approach to London prompted me to take an extended walk for which I otherwise would have just hopped on the tube: I had to get to Green Park from the College to meet him and Teriann for dinner, so I just walked through Hyde Park and up Park Lane. It took less than an hour, and by chance I got to walk through the park at a cool, misty dusk. The park is newly green after all the snow and it felt worlds away from the loud, crowded city a block or so away.

You can check out his blog here.

No comments: