Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Back to It

Well, I finally got my jet lag sorted out (but not before sleeping through my first lecture of the new year) and I'm back to the daily grind. I don't know why it's so much easier to eat healthier over here, but I can already tell my body's happy with not being stuffed T-Bell and Chipotle every day.

I also forgot how much walking I do here: my legs, grown weak from weeks of only being used to operate pedals, complained loudly on the stairs up from the tube yesterday, and a bit less today. By the end of the week, I probably won't notice it.

I'm reading a fantastic book: People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks. I'm not even halfway through it yet, and I can already highly recommend it; I can only think of a small handful of books that are as rewarding to read. 

As a final note, this morning was the first real fog I've seen since moving here. The picture doesn't do it justice, but here's the view out our front door this morning anyhow:


No comments: